Trying Out a 4-4-4




Pablo: Our little black Havanese. I remember when Kate brought you home. So tiny. Waking up in the middle of the night to carry you downstairs and outside. How did I not notice how bossy you were?

Dublin: Pablo's brother. Kate rescued you. A little fluff ball who was scared of his own shadow. Following Kate everywhere. You can sense when one of us is upset. You come over and put your little face to ours.

Fisher: The golden energy ball, still a puppy. Sophie brought you home on a sunny day. She was so excited to have found you. Her therapy dog. You helped her grow. You are her best buddy. You saved her. 

Fireplace: We gather around. 

These are my four things within four feet written about within four minutes. I ran out of time before adding the rest of my ideas to the last. Writing about four things within four minutes really forced me to let the ideas flow and not overthink my writing. I think I will try this again. I wonder if I will be able to write more next time. 

What are four things you could write about?


Comments

  1. Thanks for introducing me to the 4-4-4! What a great exercise, i will try it. And you can’t go wrong with all those puppy pictures and reflections. You said so much about their personalities in a few words. And don’t we save each other, dogs and people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do save each other. It is lucky that we do.

      Delete
  2. This is so great! I am going to try this out in the next few days. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to pass it along. I read it on another slicer's blog this month. Unfortunately, I did not record the name of the blog. I have started to do that now as I collect writing ideas in my notebook.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Date Shake