Questions

Why are questions powerful?

I am reflecting on this after a comment about how bloggers often begin or end with a question to invite readers in or to respond. 

Is it because they hold promise? 

The promise of discovering something, of learning or inviting in new people and experiences into our lives.

Is it because they are the beginning of something?

Questions might begin a friendship as we get to know others. They might lead us to try out new things or enter into new areas of study.

Is it because they connect us with others?

When we ask a question, we usually expect a response. We may connect with the person providing that response. 

Why do you think questions are powerful?




Comments

  1. I’m so pleased you ran with my comment! I love your exploration here, and the themes of promise, beginnings, and connection. So powerful! And I notice you begin and end with a question! I’m going to take my - and your- advice…
    And to answer your question: As I think more, I think posing a question signals openness. Often when we write we have a closed message, and just hope someone can appreciate or relate. Writing with a central question has such a different feel to the reader, don’t you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree. When we pose a question, especially after we write, we take the risk to trust our readers.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Date Shake