Reflecting

 I am thinking about the Slice of Life Challenge today. 

Questions I had:

  • In my mind I went back and forth many times about signing up.
  • Will I have enough time?
  • Can I make the time?
  • Will I have anything to write?
  • What moments in time might I capture?

Things I was thinking:
  • It is important to be a teacher who writes.
  • I can talk about writing more easily if I write.
  • Writing slices of my life might help me capture moments for my family.
  • Just sign up!

Slicing:
  • is not always easy.
  • helped me carve out time to sit and think about my day.
  • gave me a community to share with.
  • taught me a lot about writing.

Happy I signed up!

Comments

  1. I’m so glad you did- I have truly enjoyed reading your work! I so agree with you that it makes us better at teaching writing, but those family memories- how precious!
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS on completing your first year. Celebrate! And I hope to see you next March… And perhaps you might drop in on ‘Tuesdays?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Date Shake