Sunday Dinner

I love to cook. Inspiration for meals comes from different places. Perhaps from a magazine, a cookbook, or something I tasted when out for dinner. Sometimes I follow a recipe exactly and other times I use it as a guide, changing it up as I go. 

On the menu this evening is a "changing on the go" type of recipe - vegetable curry. The basic base for the curry was shared with me. Recently a friend of my daughter's, a former chef, taught it to her and she passed it on to me. A curry from one of my favourite restaurants served as the inspiration for the flavours added to the base. 

To round out the meal I included rice, naan, and a cucumber salad. VoilĂ , a Sunday feast!


Comments

  1. No, wait! I want the recipe! What a gift, to have a curry base you know how to adapt to whatever else you have on hand. And your “changing on the go” meal sounds wonderful, with the naan and cucumber salad. Restaurant-worthy. And- so glad you included the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I can't include a recipe, I can share that the base ratio is two cans of coconut milk to about 1 cup of soaked raw cashews. You run those through a powerful blender and add your seasonings and increase the ratios as you wish.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Wonderopolis Wednesday