What should I write today?

Today I am stuck. It was a beautiful sunny first day of spring, the kind of day that I like to spend as much time as possible outside. Picking up my laptop to write is the last thing I want to do. But here I am and lying on the table next to me I see my writing notebook. In it I have been collecting quotes from the books I have been reading as well as writing ideas pulled from other slicers blog posts. 

Some of the ideas I have collected are:

  • Weekend Coffee Share
  • 5 Things on a Friday
  • 10 Things About Today
  • Favourites
  • 4-4-4
  • Found poems
  • Spine Poems
  • Haiku
  • Paste Pot Poems
As I read through these and other ideas, I notice that I seem to be particularly drawn to posts that contain poetry. This is interesting to me as I have spent very little time reading or writing poetry. 

I wonder what it is about poetry that is drawing me in?



Comments

  1. Could it be because it's short, but offers so much food for thought?! There's a quote from a middle-grade book I just finished that I loved about writing poems: "When you write poems, you feel heavier and lighter at the same time." (from How to Find What You're Not Looking For. I loved that. Write away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that quote. I think I will have to read that book, thanks for the suggestion! I agree that there is something to poetry being short and having to consider so much when choosing your words.

      Delete
  2. A sort of transitional post- dont know what to write, but explore that feeling…
    I also have a list like that but it doesn’t always help :)
    Poetry- maybe it’s a “refresh?”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Wonderopolis Wednesday