My Monday 3 - 2 - 1


Three things I am thinking about...

  • connectedness - I just finished reading the book Positive Behavior Principles by Dan St. Romain and it really got me thinking again about the importance of developing relationships with students, families, and the people around us and how this leads to connection. I am thinking about how the importance of connection can be overlooked. 
  • writing - Sitting down to write every day is hard work. I might struggle with finding an idea to write about, a writing form to try out, whether or not I have anything worthwhile to say or if my writing will engage readers. 
  • deserts - How were the desert mountains created? When do different desert plants bloom? What is winter in the desert like? What would it be like to live in a desert climate all year?

Two quotes from writers I admire...
  • "You don't have ideas. You grow them. It's an inordinate amount of work. It takes patience and perseverance; there's a lot of experimenting and a lot of failing." - Mo Willems
  • "... what makes a tragedy bearable and unbearable is the same thing - which is that life goes on." - Miriam Toews

One question that came up in my writing...
  • Why is it easier to write in the evening than it is in the morning?



Comments

  1. So much here for your reader to think about, or authors to explore. (Mo Willems- wonderful, right?) I admit, my favorite part of this piece are the questions. I was intrigued both by your desert questions and your final question. There is power in a good question! And I think you might notice how some bloggers in this challenge begin or end with a question to invite readers in or invite them to respond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to keep questions in mind for further writing. I noticed yesterday that many bloggers ended with a question.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Wonderopolis Wednesday