Out of My Comfort Zone 

We are heading out early in the morning on our first vacation out of the country in a long time. It's so easy to forget all there is to do before leaving as well as all of the stress involved. And the craziness of air travel these days adds another layer of potential stress. 

Before leaving:

  • find caring folks to look after our precious pooches- always hard to leave them!
  • clean the house - Why? I could do that when I return. 
  • prepare all of the documents - So many!
  • check in - Did I fill everything in correctly?
  • pack - what to take? Do I really need all of this?
  • book transportation to the airport - Did I get the date and time right?
  • set the alarm - or maybe two or more - Will I wake up? Will I sleep?
Is there anything else? Did I forget anything? What will I wear? Oh my!

When I imagine being at our destination I feel warm and relaxed. When I see all that must click into place before we actually get there I am overwhelmed and I just need to get this show on the road!

Hoping for smooth travels and desert sunshine by tomorrow afternoon!


Comments

  1. I read your first set of slices and this one sounds so familiar. I can feel your stress. It is familiar to me. The one difference is that you seemto be more thorough than I. Love the list because it shares the build up to a trip (actually any type of trip for me). What will I wear is a" big issue" for me because weather has changed so radically lately. We have a wedding in Pittsburgh, PA in a couple of weeks and I am already starting to stress out on what to wear each day of the event. Will it snow???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather has been so crazy and when we are home we don't even think about what to wear, we just go to the closet and pick. Packing is so hard and it's not as easy as picking up something new. Good luck with the wedding weather!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Wonderopolis Wednesday