Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Trying out this format today, inspired by Beth at Seeking Six

Celebrating the Good of the Week!

7. Vacation with my husband... warm desert days, cool desert nights, blue skies, grey skies, warm winds, cacti, Joshua Tree, hiking, yoga, reading, swimming, Whole Foods, avocado salsa, Palm Greens Cafe, iced chai, date shakes, strolling downtown Palm Springs

6. Family... our return flight was cancelled, a whirlwind ensued and a day trying to regroup and make the most of it, no place to stay then family to the rescue! We were welcomed into my brother in law's brother's home with his most generous family. We are filled with gratitude. 

5. Sumo oranges... if you have never had the good fortune to try one of these beauties do so if you get the chance. I have had them on two vacations. Once from the Seattle Public Market and on this vacation. They are large and sweet and only available at a certain time of year.

4. Daughters... two very special ones who, although they are both away at school, are in contact with us almost daily. They keep us in our lives, share their ups and downs, their daily activities, and new adventures. 

3. Dogs... Pablo, Dublin, Fisher, GiGi, and now Buddy and Teddy. Life is just a little bit more chaotic but better with dogs.

2. Books... I have read four books so far this week. Fiction, Nonfiction, and a graphic novel. Currently working on a science fiction read. There is nothing better than losing myself in new worlds, knowing new characters, and learning new things. Books and words have played a very important part in my life and have helped to shape who I am and how I experience the world. 

1. Fuzzy socks... always comforting.

Comments

  1. Fuzzy sock are the best! Would love if you would share the books you've been reading. My book club retreat is this week and I'm still in search of one more great book to recommend. Each of us can recommend three and then the voting begins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books I finished this week were: How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior, Fight Night by Miriam Toews, and I am listening to Age of Vice by Deepti Kapoor. I also read Positive Behaviour Principles by Dan St. Romain and read the YA graphic novel Growing Pangs and am currently working on Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. How the Penguins Saved Veronica was such a beautiful read!

      Delete
  2. Balancing all of the goodness is fantastic. Impressed with your ability to read as much as you do. Love your combination. I am striving, but have not landed into a good routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks are better than others for reading for sure, same for the routine!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Wonderopolis Wednesday