Reminded of a Book

This evening as I was brushing my teeth the title and image of a book from my childhood suddenly popped into my head - Happiness is a Warm Puppy by Charles Schultz. 

It was a small book with a black and orange hard cover. On it was a simple picture of Lucy squeezing Snoopy. 

I don't remember what was inside the book. 

What I do remember is the feeling of warmth and happiness that I got from reading it. 

I decided to use the title as my inspiration to write this evening.

Happiness is...

  • not having to wake up to the alarm
  • sunshine streaming in the window 
  • bright blue prairie skies
  • sipping a matcha latte in the living room with a dog curled up next to me
  • having a long telephone chat with my mom
  • having fresh vegetables delivered by my aunt 
  • picking up books from the library and a new cookbook from the bookstore
  • hearing of the daily adventures of my daughters who are both away at University
  • a long walk in the almost spring sunshine with my husband and three dogs
  • meeting up and talking the night away with friends
  • coming back to our cozy home
  • being inspired by a book memory 



Comments

  1. I can conjure the feeling of seeing that book! I suspect others feel the same thinking of Garfield comics or Calvin and Hobbes. Comfort books. And here your list conveys your weekend day and so much pleasure in your life’s ordinary moments. My favorite phrase- almost spring sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering a Story

Trying My Hand at The Sunday Seven

Wonderopolis Wednesday